Greek Lentil Salad
- 1 cup French green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 small onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 small cucumber, diced (1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Place lentils, onion, bay leaves, and 6 cups water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Drain, remove onion and bay leaves, and cool.
2. Stir together shallot and lemon juice in large bowl. Add lentils, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, and oil; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 1 hour, or overnight. Serve topped with feta.
Per 1-cup serving: Calories: 228, Protein: 12g, Total fat: 7g, Saturated fat: 2g, Carbs: 33g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 116mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 4g