Christine Thomson – The Nutrition Expert for the African-American Woman
How long have you been doing what you do and how did you become the Nutrition Expert for the African American Woman™?
To answer this question, it’s best to start at the very beginning of what I call my ”ultimate journey” that has placed me in the position that I am (proudly) in today, coaching women just like you to overcome the common health struggles that plague the modern African American woman.
The truth of the matter is that I’ve struggled with my weight all of my life; since the age of 8 to be exact. As a small child, I was introduced to the “Clean Plate Club.” I had to eat everything on my plate, no matter whether I was full, or not. When you’re led to believe that “children in Africa are starving and would love to have a full plate of food” then you feel you have no choice but to eat everything in front of you, no matter what. But soon it became a habit that I could not break. It was also an aim to please and a way of being obedient to the rules set forth by my elders. Can you relate?
As an adult, I continued to struggle with my weight, as it fluctuated up and down depending on my mood and life circumstance. As a result of cumultive, stress-inducing life crises (marriage ending in divorce, single parenting 3 young boys, death of loved one’s every other year, just to name a few), my blood pressure shot through the roof and I was placed on medication. I was also diagnosed with uterine fibroids, which are also related to stress (amongst other things).
The defining moment in my life was when I realized that I was 40lbs overweight, stressed to the max, and sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was also embarrassed of the fact that I was a highly educated black woman, an expert in my field of holistic nutrition, and I still struggled with practicing what I preached to my clients. I realized that I was letting my life control me, instead of taking control of my life.
That’s when I decided enough was enough, and I began my journey back to health. This journey included enlisting prayer warriors on my behalf (we all need that!), putting myself first before anything and anyone else (including my kids), and putting into practice for myself, each and every day, what I teach my clients.
Since then, I have made a commitment to other women who are like myself. Women who are in the common struggle of the modern African American woman. Whether you’re single parenting, holding down the fort to keep your marriage and family going, in the daily grind of working in corporate, or a fledging small business owner, you’re likely experiencing some level of stress that is effecting your health in one way or another.
It’s my life mission to help erradicate the health ills that commonly plague our community: heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and those pesky fibroids. We do this by eating REAL FOOD, engaging in ENERGIZING body movement activities, and incorporating stress-reducing lifestyle techniques. As the Compassionate Nutritionist, I teach women to become healthy and whole again by getting back to the basics and feeling okay with putting themselves first. I help them heal their relationship with food by making lifestyle choices that are basic and simple; these are lifestyle choices that we’ve all fallen away from in today’s hectic and chaotic lifestyle.
Who are your clients exactly?
I work with the modern African American woman who struggles with one or more of the common ills in the black community: obesity/overweight, high blood pressure, diabetes, fibroids, stress-induced overeating, and fatigue. I especially enjoy working with the corporate woman who prides herself on being the “Superwoman” that does it all for everyone else, at the expense of her own self.
With that said, I have worked with a large array of clients, such as:
- Corporate Executives
- Single Mothers
- Working Wives
All of whom fall within a common struggle: trying to maintain good health in the modern world of convenience.
How are you different from other nutritionists?
We will definitely work together on the basics of nutrition and getting you back to health, as other nutrition experts would do. But as the Compassionate Nutritionist for the African-American Woman, I ONLY work with women in the African-American community that are experiencing struggles common to that ethnicity. In other words, I am focused soley on helping women alleviate the lifestyle and dietary factors that are directly related to obesity/overweight, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and fibroids (just to name a few). What that means to you is that I am very focused on anything and everything that works specifically for improving the health of the African American woman. Because my focus is very narrow, what you get with me is no-nonsense, undiluted expertise on what works for you. With over 20 years of experience in nutrition & wellness, and having gone through the process of healing my own ills, I’ve simply become an expert at this stuff and that’s why my clients get great results.
What type of personality do you work best with and what is expected of me?
The Compassionate Nutritionist workshops, products and programs were created for women who are sick and tired of being “sick & tired”, and extremely serious about getting back to health. I know that, for the most part, nutrition and health has not been a #1 priority in the African-American community, and that is why I’ve created my programs for that woman who is willing and ready to end the struggle with weight and disease.
I am known to be a determined, high-acheiver, and I tend to work very well with those that are just like myself.
When you work with me, you will be expected to take serious and consistent action. No excuses and complaining anymore. And before you know it, you will achieve results: successful weight loss, increased energy, reduction/elimination of prescription medications, clearer skin, strong shiny hair (bye-bye weaves & hair glue), and stronger nails (bye-bye acrylics). Gotta love the idea of bringing forth your own natural beauty (and saving a few bucks, too!).
What type of person is this program NOT going to work for?
I am VERY selective in who I work with and I do “cherry pick” my clients. Why? Because it has been my experience that a lot of people “think” they’re ready for change when they really are not. Although I am known as the Compassionate Nutritionist, I do have high expectations for my clients because I know the end result that can be achieved. Therefore, the following people will most likely NOT benefit from working with me:
- Those who are looking for a “quick-fix”
- Those who want something for nothing
- Those who aren’t willing to work for what they want to see in the mirror
- Those who want to keep doing (and eating) the same things, yet expect different results
If you fit into any of the categories above, I respectfully request that you seek another health care professional. The likelyhood of us working well together, and you achieving excellent results, is not at all likely and I wouldn’t want you to waste your time or money. That’s only fair, right?
What results can I expect?
You can expect to:
- Experience weight loss in a healthier, more natural way
- Have more energy to make it through your busiest days
- Learn that healthy food is REAL FOOD, and real food doesn’t come in a box
- Save money on your grocery bill (leaving you more disposable income for FUN things!)
- Eat more meals at home that won’t leave you a slave to the kitchen
- Start putting yourself first, without feeling guilty
- Find a form of energizing body movement (i.e. exercise) that gets you all “jazzed up”
- Eliminate digestive disorders (gas, bloating, constipation, etc)
- Stabilize blood sugars
- Normalize blood pressure
- Eliminate painful menstrual cycles
- Eliminate/reduce costly prescription medications
- Become the first in your family that does NOT inherit the “generational illness”
How quickly can I expect results?
This obviously depends on how long you’ve been dealing with certain health issues and how much effort you put into the work we do together. With that said, literally all clients see results within the first 4-6 weeks in the form of renewed energy, weight loss, improved digestion, clearer skin, etc. The longer we work together, the more dramatic (and permanent) are the results.
Will I recover the investment I put into working with you?
Absolutley. Most people don’t consider that they will see a tangible return on their investment when working with someone on their health & wellness, but that is far from the truth when you work with me. Before we even begin working together, I show you with pen to paper how much money you’re currently spending on unhealthy habits and how I will teach you to save that money by incorporating healthier lifestyle habits. It’s important that you SEE how much you’re spending vs. how much you’ll be saving before we even start working together. This way the value speaks for itself.
Christine, based on everything I’ve read, I know you’re the one I want to work with. What are my options for getting started with you?
Congratulations! You are taking the first step to being in great health. To get started with losing those extra pounds, having more energy than ever before, and kicking those health ills to the curb, here are the different programs and products I’ve created for you:
- I highly recommend that you start with the 10-Day Whole Food, Whole Body Cleanse. It contains absolutely everything you need to get your body healthy & whole from the inside out. This unique cleanse program has been structured in a way that is easy to do and doesn’t leave you feeled starved or deprived of food. It’s a “Must-Have” and will become a staple in your health & wellness arsenal. Get started today. 10-Day Whole Food, Whole Body Cleanse Program
- With your purchase of the 10-Day Whole Food, Whole Body Cleanse, you receive not only all of the cleanse materials (recipes, shopping list, guidebook, and more), but you also receive a complimentary 30-minute “Ignite Your Inner Fire & Bring Sexy Back” health consultation with me. Right before your cleanse program ends, we’ll sit together and discuss your successes (and challenges, if any) along with any future goals you may have for yourself. This program gives that “jumpstart” you need to see that what you want for yourself is truly possible!
- Once you’ve given your body that jumpstart that it needs, and you’ve enjoyed the accountability, resources and support of having me there as your personal nutritionist, it’s time to take it to the next level by enrolling the Compassionate Transition to Health & Wholeness for the African American Woman (also known as the 90-Day Fast Track Program). In just 3 short months, you’ll shift the way you think about food & exercise, manage your time better and make yourself a #1 priority; you’ll begin to gain momentum in weight loss; you’ll learn the secrets to getting lean and staying that way; you’ll set up ways of making your new lifestyle work for you instead of working against you. Most importantly, you’ll master the INNER game of weight loss and abundant health by eliminating the excuses and behaviors that are currently sabotaging your life and reaking havoc on your health. This virtual group program will forever change your life.
- Turn your health transition into a wellness TRANSFORMATION by enrolling in the Ultimate Compassionate Transformation Program. This is were the real transformation occurs as you begin to work on your specific health issues and use FOOD as your medicine cabinet. In this program, you’ll learn how to easily and effectively change your eating and lifestyle habits to reduce (or eliminate) certain diseases that are common to the African American woman, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes (type 2), fatigue, stress-induced overeating, fibroids, etc. This program has limited space and is only offered several times each year, so keep your eyes posted on the upcoming dates for this year!
- High-achieving go-getters who want to move extraordinarily fast in achieving their health goals can also contact me to apply for the Compassionate Nutritionist VIP Private Consulting Day. Once accepted into this elite program, we’ll spend a whole day in-person (or virtually) creating a health & wellness plan that is specific to your individual needs. In essence, I do a lot of the work for you, which includes meal planning, recipe development, exercise regimen, and much, much more. I also give you a “sneak peek” and let you see EXACTLY how I manage my busy life as a single mom on a daily basis, all while putting myself first to maintain good health. I do this so you can model what I do and do the same thing yourself. You can get more details and send in your application for my personal review (I don’t select everyone, so I hand-select my clients. Email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.)
If I’m not sure I’m ready to get started, how can I sample your work at low cost to see if it’s the right solutions for me?
A way to sample my work is by subscribing to the weekly email newsletter. “The Compassionate Living” email newsletter provides you with proven tips, wholesome recipes, and transformational lifestyle techniques that will begin to change you from the inside out. Subscribe Here
YES! I’m ready to do this for myself, but I have a few more questions. Can I call you?
Fantastic! Yes, if you have a couple of questions, just email me at email@example.com, or call me directly at 866-354-3374 and I’ll be happy to walk you through the different options to see which one will be the very best for you. I’m eager to see you succeed at becoming healthy & whole, and am honored to be the one to help you. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Christine’s Official Bio
Christine Thomson is a registered dietitian/holistic nutritionist, an author, and speaker. She is a frequent contributor to the online magazine FITFIGURES, and has contributed articles to trade magazines, such as Today’s Dietitian. Christine has also been a featured guest nutritionist on The Style Network’s “Too Fat for 15″ reality tv series.
Her mission is to support the modern African American woman, who lives the busy life, in achieving her body’s full wellness potential through a more holistic approach that incorporates a unique balance of physical, mental & spiritual health. As a mother of 3 boys, she fully understands the challenges of balancing a career, spiritual life, and kids’ activities, along with exercise, and proper nutrition for herself.
Christine has developed an effective program, The Compassionate Transformation Program©, to show her clients how to make simple, step-by-step changes for improving their body, mind, and spirit for better overall wellness that is unique to the woman of color.